Whole30: Week 3
This week included 3 dreams (nightmares?) about eating fast food, a trip to the hardware store that ended with 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (it’s for the kids!), and 4 gallons of homemade veggie juice.
- Swiss Chard Fritters – used the leftover green “mash” from my juice to make these
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges – didn’t have dill, tasted awesome anyway
- Aidells Chicken Sausage – several varieties are sugar-free (check the ingredients) and I use them in everything
- Breville Juicer – stole most recipes from Nekter’s website…waaaay cheaper than spending $5 per drink
- IKEA plant pots – not really a “tool” per se, but these pretties on my kitchen counter remind me to use my fresh herbs before they die
- Sundays are for cooking, juicing, cleaning, laundering, and dog-washing.
- Avocado is a great substitute for anything creamy (mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt).
- Doing a Whole30 in the winter is easier because eating chili every day in the Texas summer is just no fun.
- Not a tip, but an observation: my hair and nails are super healthy. Two weeks with a no-chip manicure is basically a miracle.